英 语 试 卷
1. A. first B. second C. third D. fifth
2. A. supper B. breakfast C. lunch D. dinner
3. A. 262 B.164 C. 182 D. 162
4. A. give back B. get back C. give up D. come back
5. A. all the way B. most of the way C. 3000 kilometres D. from New York
6. A. He’s not in. B. I’m not in. C. Yes, wait a minute. D. Are you Kate?
7. A. Happy birthday! B. Thank you. C. The same to you. D. That’s OK.
8. A. Yes, please. B. Nothing important. C. It doesn’t matter. D. Thank you very much.
9. A. I’m sorry. May I come in? B. I’m on time. C. I’m afraid not. D. I’m very busy.
10. A. See you later. B. OK. Where shall we go? C. You’re right. D. You’re wrong.
11. What’s Betty?
A. A student. B. A girl. C. A bird. D. An English teacher.
12. How many people of the girl’s family are there in Guangzhou?
A. Five B. Seven C. Eight. D. Too many to count.
13. Where is Kate talking to the boy?
A. At a post office. B. At a bus stop. C. At a railway station. D. In a cinema.
14. What did they decide to do?
A. They decided not to meet. B. They wouldn’t meet in the classroom.
C. They would meet at 11:00. D. They would meet later in the library.
15. Why didn’t the woman see the man?
A. Because the man came late. B. Because the woman came late.
C. Because the man didn’t come. D. Because the woman didn’t come.
16. How do I make friends?
A. By writing letters. B. By making telephones.
C. By sending E-mails. D. By meeting each other.
17. Where was the school I wrote to?
A. In Beijing. B. In London. C. In Paris. D. In New York.
18. Who would like to be my pen friend at first?
A. A woman teacher. B. A boy. C. A girl. D. A man teacher.
19. Why didn’t the boy write to me?
A. Because the teacher didn’t want him to. B. Because he was ill.
C. Because he moved to another town. D. Because he didn’t know me.
20. How many pen friends do I have now?
A. Two. B. Ten. C. Not any. D. Many.
21. Could you show me the way to the post office?
A. make B. ask C. tell D. want
22. Most of the American people are friendly.
A. friend B. lucky C. well D. kind
23. She looked tired after a long walk.
A. seemed B. saw C. watched D. found
24. His new shirt is too expensive.
A. dear B. large C. long D. cheap
25. I received a letter from one of my friends in Beijing yesterday.
A. read a letter for B. heard from C. wrote a letter to D. heard
26. This ruler is mine. ________ is over there.
A . She B. She’s C. Her D. Hers
27. There _____ some children playing on the playground.
A. is B. are C. has D. have
28. We are all here ______ Li Ming because he is ill.
A. besides B. and C. except D. of
29. Their daughter is _______ Lucy.
A. old than B. very old than C. as older as D. as old as
30. _______ make him do that. He is too young.
A. Don’t B. Not to C. To not D. To don’t
31. I don’t have ________ dresses, but I have _____ skirts.
A. any, any B. some, some C. any, some D. some, any
32. ---- Is it ___ English dictionary?
---- Yes, and it is ____ useful one.
A. a, a B. a, an C. an, a D. an, an
33. Eat less, _____ you’ll get fat.
A. or B. and C. but D. so
34. I don’t know the word. Could you help me to ______ in the dictionary?
A. look it B. look at it C. look after it D. look it up
35. ______ people are fighting against SARS.
A. Million of B. A million of C. Millions of D. Several millions
36. ______ to ask me for help.
A. Why don’t come B. Why not come C. Why not to come D. Why to not come
37. Have you ever heard ______ interesting story?
A. so B. such C. so an D. such an
38. You _____ come if you _____ busy tomorrow.
A. not need, are B. must, will be
C. needn’t, are D. needn’t, be
39. ---- Is your father in?
---- No, he ______ for three hours.
A. was out B. has been out C. went out D. has gone out
40. I didn’t know _______ they could pass the exam or not.
A. that B. what C. which D. whether
Thanks to their teamwork, the No. 69 Middle School girls’ football team beat the boys’ team yesterday in the end. The boys’ team used to __41__ the girls with their training. They __42__ lost to the girls before.
the game, the captain of the boys’ team was very __43__
. He thought it was the worst day of his life. But the boys’ PE teacher said
the girls __44__ the boys because the
boys played too __45__ and thought
girls’ football was a joke.
41. A. help B. find C. stop D. see
42. A. usually B. never C. often D. sometimes
43. A. strong B. happy C. unhappy D. glad
44. A. beat B. met C. knew D. liked
45. A. carefully B. carelessly C. well D. hard
General Parshing was a great American officer. After he __46__ , some people in his hometown put up a statue(塑像) of him __47__ the horse.
There was a school near the statue, and some of the boys __48__ the statue every day. The boys said, “Good morning, Parshing” when they saw him.
Saturday, one of the youngest boys was going to do some shopping with his
parents. __49__ he passed the statue, he
said good morning but he stopped and asked __50__
, “I like Parshing very much, but who is that man on his back?”
46. A. was born B. died C. woke up D. came back
47. A. on B. over C. of D. for
48. A. had B. took C. passed D. played with
49. A. When B. If C. After D. Because
50. A. the horse B. Parshing C. his teacher D. his parents
is a little village not far from Manchester. Like many other villages near
towns or cities, it is clean and quiet. Not many families live there, so the
people all know each other. Most of them are polite and helpful. Though their
homes are in Lofton, many people have jobs in Manchester. Some work in the big
factories. A few work in shops or offices. Most of these people go to work by
train. It usually takes them about an hour to get from Lofton to Manchester.
51. The people in Lofton know each other well because _______.
A. it is not far from Manchester B. it is very clean
C. not many people live there D. they are polite and helpful
52. Many people in Lofton work ________.
A. in the village B. in small factories C. on the train D. in Manchester
Mr and Mrs Taylor has a seven-year-old boy whose name is Pat. Mrs Taylor hopes to have another child. Pat has seen babies in other people’s houses and doesn’t like them very much. So he’s not glad about that.
One evening Mrs Taylor said to her husband, “This house won’t be big enough for us all when the baby comes.”
Pat came into the room just then and said, “What are you talking about?” “We were saying that we’ll have to move to another house now because the new baby will come,” his mother answered.
use,” said Pat hopelessly. “He’ll follow us there.”
53. Pat is _______.
A. a new baby B. a baby of Mr Taylor’s neighbour
C. the son of Mr and Mrs Taylor D. Mr Taylor’s younger brother
54. Pat is not glad because _______.
A. he doesn’t like his parents B. Mrs Taylor doesn’t like him
C. the new baby is not lovely D. his parents will have a new baby soon
55. Why do Mr and Mrs Taylor want to move to another house?
A. Because the house is too old. B. Because the house will be too small for the family.
C. Because Pat doesn’t like the house. D. Because the house is dangerous now.
VISIT LOUXING ZOO
Come and see big elephants from Yunnan and tigers from the northeast. The African giraffes are waiting for you. Clever monkeys are going to make you laugh. A lot of other animals you have never seen are waiting to meet you.
Keep the zoo clean.
the animals above are _______.
A. from China. B. from Africa . C. in the zoo. D. in the northeast.
57. Which animal is full of fun?
A. An elephant. B. A tiger. C. A giraffe. D. A monkey.
58. Now Mr and Mrs Green are going to the zoo with their five-year-old son. How much will they pay for tickets?
A. Six yuan. B. Ten yuan. C. Twelve yuan. D. Fifteen yuan.
59. Which is the visiting time?
A. 8:30 a.m. on Monday B. 5:00 p.m. on Thursday
C. 8:30 a.m. on Saturday D. 6:00 p.m. on Sunday
60. We can _____ in the zoo.
A. give food to the animals B. throw dirty things
C. not laugh D. not go close to the animals
Cars are an important part of life in the United States. Most people feel that they are poor without cars. Though he is poor, he doesn’t feel really poor when he has a car.
Henry Ford was the man who first started making cars. Maybe, he didn’t know how much the car was going to affect(影响) the United States. The cars made the United States a country on wheels(轮子). And they have helped to make the United States a rich and modern country.
has become popular in the United States today. The country is a very large one.
The Americans like to move around in it. It is the easiest and cheapest to
travel in cars. With a car people can go to any place without spending a lot of
61. In United States __________.
A. most people are too poor to buy cars
B. poor people wouldn’t like to buy cars
C. all the poor people have cars
D. people think they are not rich if they don’t have cars
62. What was Henry Ford?
A. He was a car maker. B. He was a car driver.
C. He was a car seller. D. He was a traveller in a car
63. According to(根据) the writer, cars in the United States ________.
A. are the nicest B. run fastest
C. make the country richer D. make the country beautiful
64. The Americans like to move in cars because _______.
A. there are no trains in the United States
B. cars can take them to any place they want to go
C. it doesn’t take them much money to travel in cars
D. both B and C
65. Which is the best title(标题) ?
A. A Country on Wheels B. A Rich and Modern Country
C. Making Cars D. Travelling in Cars
66. It is difficult to breath on very high mountains.
67. The forth lesson is a story about an old Russian farmer.
68. English is one of the most useful langwages in the world.
69. There are enough chiars and desks for the classmates in the room.
70. Tom is very happy to receive a letter from his farther.
________ ________ drinking a cup of coffee?
You’d better ________ ________ your overcoat.
The Greens often travel ________ ________ .
She is very weak and she often ________ ________ .
________ me, how can I ________ to the railway station?
参考词汇：personal data(个人资料) sex(性别) male(男性) female(女性) postcode(邮政编码) contact(联系)
First (Given) Name
Male ( )
Country of birth
Date of birth (month/ day/ year)
No. 138 Jiefang Road, Changsha, China
We can call her Miss White. Her ___76___ name is Ann White. She is from Australia. She ___77___ on October the fifth, 1984. Now she ___78___ Changsha. We can get three ways to contact her. We can ___70___ or send an E-mail to her. We can also telephone her. Her address is No. 138 Jiefang Road, Changsha, China. Her ___80___ is 0731-, and her E-mail is
( 卷II )
例：become a member of
1. put somebody into death
2. person who sells or checks tickets on buses or trains
3. well and able to keep disease away
4. make something better or become better
5. place where people gather for selling and buying goods
On my way home, I found an old man walking in the
front of me. The wind was blowing so hardly. Suddenly
the wind blew his hat off and carry it quickly along the
street. And he ran slowly that he couldn’t catch it. When I
saw this, I ran up to pick it up and brought it back to the old man.
1. Go along this street and turn left at the third crossing. You’ll find it on the right.
2. I had my breakfast at a quarter past seven this morning.
3. The basketball players from No. 162 Middle School are strong but they are a weak team.
4. You must give back the book to the teacher as soon as possible
5. Ayers Rock is nearly 2000 kilometres from Sydney, so we had to fly most of the way.
6. Hello, this is Kate speaking. Is Mary in?
7. Today is your birthday. Your friend says to you, “Happy birthday!” What would you say to him?
8. May I take the seat next to you?
9. You’re late for class as you missed the first bus. What will you say to the teacher?
10. Shall we go and have a picnic this Sunday?
11. M: How often do you speak to the bird?
W: You mean Betty, the bird?
W: Betty is trying to speak English, so I speak to her in English every day.
12. M: How many people are there in your family?
W: A lot of them are in India. There are too many to count.
M: What about here in Guangzhou?
W: Oh, there are my dad and mum, and my two brothers and I.
13. M: Who are you waiting for, Kate?
W: I’m waiting for nobody. I’m waiting for the No. 7 bus. Here comes the bus. Bye!
14. W: I’m afraid I can’t meet you at 10 in the library.
M: Then we’d better meet an hour later in the classroom.
W: That’s all right.
15. W: I arrived at the school gate at 10:30. Why didn’t you go there?
M: I got there at a quarter to eleven and waited a while. But you had left before I got there.
I like making friends by writing letters. I thought it would be interesting to have a pen friend in America. So I wrote a letter to a school in New York. I received a nice letter from a teacher. She said that she had found a boy who would like to be my pen friend. She gave me the boy’s name and wrote something about him. I waited for a letter from the boy for almost a month, but he never wrote. I wrote to the teacher again. She told me that the boy has moved to another town with his parents and she would try to find another pen friend for me. She told me that she had shown my letter and wanted to know more about China.
Now many students write to me. I have lots of friends in America.
1------5 CBDAB 6-----10 CBAAB 11----15 CABCA 16----20 ADBCD
21----25 CDAAB 26----30 DBCDA 31----35 CCADC 36----40 BDCBD
41----45 ABCAB 46----50 BACAD 51----55 CDCDB 56----60 CDBCD
66. breathe 67. fourth 68.languages 69. chairs 70. father
71. ①How ②about 72. ①take ②off 73. ①by ②plane/air
74. ①catch ②cold 75. ①Excuse ②get
76. full 77. was born 78. lives/is in 79. write (a letter) 80. telephone number
1. kill 2. conductor 3. healthy 4. improve 5. market
6. 去掉the 7. hardly→hard 8. carry→carried 9. slowly前加so 10.√
One possible version:
Lanlan always goes shopping with her mother. Because she is too young to be left home by herself. Last Sunday she went shoppong with her mother as usual. Her mother asked her to waited outside the shop while she went in.
Lanlan waited for a while, and then she went away to play. Some minutes later, she wanted to see her mother, but she couldn’t find her, because she lost her way. So she couldn’t help crying. A policeman saw her and helped her find her mother. Lanlan felt very happy. Her mother was very thankful to the policeman.