V. 选择填空 （15分）
31. Although he is _____ old man, he can go to ______ university for the old.
A. an , an B. an , a C. a , a D. a , an
32. I left ______ pens at home. Can I borrow ______?
A. me, your B. my, your C. mine, yours D. my, yours
33. Mum, here’s __________ for you.
A. a cup of tea B. cup tea C. a cup of teas D. a tea
34. “Must we hand in our homework before school is over?”
“No, you _________.”
A. can’t B. needn’t C. won’t D. mustn’t
35. She needs some paper to __________.
A. write B. write in C. write with D. write on
36. You are going to be fat. You should eat _______.
A. a little B. little C. less D. least
37. He will be twelve next week. His _______ birthday is _____ May 10.
A. twelveth, on B. twelfth, on C. the twelfth, in D. twelveth, in
38. This pair of shoes _______ me 50 yuan.
A. spends B. paid C. cost D. take
39. Of course I can _____ you my story book, but you can ______ it for only three days.
A. borrow, return B. lend, borrow C. lend, keep D. lend, return
40. The dish smells _______, but it tastes _______.
A. terrible, well B. terrible, good C. well, terribly D. good, terribly
41. Ken _______ sorry because he ________asleep in class yesterday.
A. falls, feels B. fell, felt C. felt, fell D. feels, falls
42. I heard he ________ the piano in the next room last night.
A. played B. play C. to play D. playing
43. My mother hopes _________. She tells me _______ hard.
A. to be a scientist , to study B. me being a scientist , not to study
C. I will be a scientist, to study D. I will be a scientist, study
44. Which sentence is wrong?
A. Could you tell me how I could get to the Happy Valley?
B. Could you tell me how I can get to the Happy Valley?
C. Could you tell me how to get to the Happy Valley?
D. Could you tell me the way to the Happy Valley?
45. Which sentence is right?
A. A new school will build there soon.
B. Neither of us are teachers.
C. There’s going to have an English speech in our school this afternoon.
D. We shall go to Shenzhen Library if it doesn’t rain tomorrow.
VI. 完形填空 阅读下列短文，从短文后所给的四个选项中选出能填入相应空白处的最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将相应的字母编号涂黑。（共10小题，每小题1分）
The bicycle is one of the simplest yet most useful inventions in the world .
It is most surprising that it was not 46 earlier, although the great inventor Leonardo de Vinci had drawn pictures for bicycles and also for flying machines and some other things. Those things were not made 47 long after he died.
A person riding a bicycle uses 48 energy to make the bicycle move, and there is no pollution at all when you are riding. Even so, in developing
49 , most people don't go to work by bicycle. It is not because the bicycles are expensive or people feel 50 if they ride to work. It is because 51 cars on the roads becomes larger. It certainly becomes 52 to ride a bicycle. So more people put their bicycles away and go to work 53 their cars and, in this way, the situation is getting more serious. 54 the best way to make riding safer and more popular is to create paths only for bicycles, and to make 55 so difficult and expensive for drivers to take their cars into the city that they will go back to using their bicycles.
46. A. invent B. inventing C. invented D. to invent
47. A. before B. when C. since D. until
48. A. much B. quite a lot of C. very little D. many
49. A. world B. countries C. land D. earth
50. A. lucky B. glad C. sorry D. tired
51. A. the number of B. a number of C. this kind of D. all kinds of
52. A. safer B. more dangerous C. much dangerous D. safe
53. A. by B. in C. use D. drive
54. A. Hardly B. May be C. Perhaps D. Nearly
55. A. it B. them C. us D. that
VII. 阅读理解 阅读下列短文，选择最佳选项，并在答题卡上将相应的字母编号涂黑。（共20小题，每小题1分）
Baseball is a very popular sport in the United States. Many people enjoy the game. It is sometimes called “the most popular game” in the United States. Many Americans think that it is the national sport,
Baseball is played between two teams of nine men each. Different men have different jobs when the team is on the field. Each team must try to score more points than the other team. A point is scored when one man hits the ball and then runs around the playing field to each of the four bases(垒).The men who play baseball must do two things well. First, they must hit the ball when it is their turn. If they can hit the ball well, they can help their team to win the game. Second, they must catch and throw the ball well. When their team is on the field, they can keep the other team from winning. These are the two abilities (技能) that a baseball player must have.
Of course, there are some good things about baseball. You don’t have to be very intelligent(有才智的) to play baseball or to watch it. You can easily understand what is happening on the field. Many Americans enjoy going to a baseball game during the summer months. The weather is warm and it is usually pleasant to sit outside for a few hours and watch a game. Baseball games don’t usually cost much money. You can go to a baseball game for a very small amount of money, and still have a very good time.
T or F ? ( T: A F: B )
56. Baseball is called the most popular game in the USA.
57. Each baseball team has eleven players.
58. A good player can both hit the ball well and catch and throw the ball well.
59. The players have to be very clever to play baseball.
60. Baseball tickets aren’t very expensive and many Americans like to watch baseball games.
An Englishman was showing a foreign visitor round London. “What’s that strange building?” asked the visitor. “That’s the Tower of London.” “I see. How long did it take to build it?” “About 500 years.” “In my country we could have built it in 5 months.” said the visitor. Shortly after that, they came to St. Paul’s Cathedral (圣·保罗大教堂). “Very interesting,” said the visitor. “How long did it take to build it?” “Nearly 40 years.” said the Englishman. “In my country we could have done it in 40 days at most.” said the visitor. This went on all day. They visited most of the best known buildings in the capital. Every time they saw a new one, the visitor asked what it was and how long it’d taken to build it. Then he said that it could have been done much faster in his country. Finally the Englishman got angry with the tourist though he managed not to show it. At
last they came to the House of Parliament (国会大厦) and the visitor asked
his usual question. “What’s that?” This time the Englishman answered, “I’ve no idea. It wasn’t there last night.”
61. The Englishman was showing a foreign visitor ______.
A. the Tower of London B. St. Paul’s Cathedral
C. famous buildings in the capital D. the house of London
62. The tourist said that in his country it would have taken them ___ to build the Tower of London.
A. 500 years B. five months C. 40 years D. 40 days
63. It took them the whole day to see ________.
A. some of the best known buildings B. several best known places
C. many famous parks in the capital D. most of the famous buildings in London
64. The Englishman was very angry by the end of the day, ________.
A. but he tried to hide it B. but he managed to show it
C. but he tried not to hide it D. but he managed not to show it
65. The Englishman’s answer “I’ve no idea.” meant that__________.
A. the House of Parliament B. I don’t know the name
C. I don’t know its name D. he didn’t know its name
The doorbell rang and Mrs. Carson opened the front door. Her heart sank(下沉) when she saw Mrs. Burbridge. Whenever Mrs. Burbridge called, she would stay for hours and hours.
“Good afternoon, Mrs. Carson,” Mrs. Burbridge said.
“Do come in.”
Just as Mrs. Carson had feared, Mrs. Burbridge stayed for several hours. It was six o’clock and Mr. Carson would be home from work soon. Mrs. Carson kept wondering how she would ask Mrs. Burbridge to leave without making her angry. “ Has your husband got home from work yet?” Mrs. Carson asked. “Oh, yes,” Mrs. Burbridge answered. “He always comes home at about five o’clock.”
“It’s nearly six o’clock. Won’t he be getting worried about you?” Mrs. Carson asked. “I thought of that,” Mrs. Burbridge said, “But it’s so pleasant here. We’ve had such a lovely afternoon. You know what I will do? I’ll ring up my husband and tell him to come round, too. May I use your phone, please?”
66. “Her heart sank” in the first paragraph means ________.
A. her heart was broken B. she felt sad
C. she was happy at once D. she was very surprised
67. Mrs. Burbridge came to Mrs. Carson’s house because _______.
A. she didn’t want to do anything for her husband
B. she wanted to say hello to her
C. she liked to enjoy herself there
D. she wanted to pass through Mrs. Carson’s house
68. Why did Mrs. Carson want to make Mrs. Burbridge leave?
A. Because she didn’t like the woman at all.
B. Because her husband would have no room to stand.
C. Because Mr. Burbridge wouldn’t let his wife stay there.
D. Because Mr. Carson did not like the woman at all.
69. Mrs. Burbridge stayed at Carson’s house ________.
A. for the whole afternoon B. for nearly six hours
C. from one o’clock to six o’clock D. for the whole day
70. Mrs. Burbridge wanted to use Mrs. Carson’s phone to ______.
A. ask her husband to come
B. make an apology to her husband for going home late
C. tell her husband not to be worried about her
D. tell her husband to prepare the dinner for her
When the world was very young, people lived only in hot countries. They did not live in cold countries because they could not keep warm. Then they learnt how to make clothes. When an animal was killed, its skin was cut off. They wrapped the skin around their bodies. The skins kept them warm. Skins which had fur on them were the best. Even today some people wear the furs of animals to keep them warm.
At first men did not know how to make fire. Sometimes a forest was hit by lightning. Then a fire was started. The people took some of this fire to start a fire near their homes. A fire was very important for three reasons. It kept them warm. Wild animals were frightened by it. They did not attack when they saw a fire. Then another thing was discovered. When food was cooked, it tasted much better! But men still did not know how to make fire. When they had a fire, they did not let it stop burning. If it went out, They could not start it again. They had to wait for lightning to start another fire ! Sometimes they had to wait for years!
Later, they discovered how to make fire. If you rub two pieces of wood together, they become hot and burn. You have to rub very fast ! One way of doing it is to make a little hole in a piece of wood. Little pieces of wood or dry leaves are put into the hole. Then the end of a stick is put into the hole. The stick is rubbed between the hands.
This makes it turn very quickly. The end of the stick becomes very hot. The small pieces of wood and dry leaves begin to burn. Another way of making fire is to knock two pieces of stone together. A spark is made. This can be used to start a fire.
Nowadays we have matches. We can carry them in our pockets and make a fire when we want to. Many people use heaters to keep warm. Oil heaters burn oil. Gas heaters burn gas. Electric heaters use electricity. Gas, oil and electricity can also be used for cooking.
71. When the world was very young, people only lived in ___________.
A. cold countries B. their homes C. hot places D. the forests
72. In the old days people wore ___________ to keep themselves warm.
A. animal skins B. heavy clothing C. light clothing D. silk clothes
73. Fire was very important to ___________.
A. the animals B. the people C. the living things D. everything in the world
74. If you rub __________, they become hot and then start a fire.
A. two pieces of stone B. three pieces of wood
C. two pieces of iron sticks D. two pieces of wood
75. In the old days people learnt _____________ .
A. to use four ways of making a fire B. to use three ways of making a fire
C. to use two ways of making a fire D. to use one way of making a fire
VIII. 按要求改写句子 每空填一词。将答案写在答卷上。（共5小题，每小题2分，每空1分）
76. He had a class meeting yesterday afternoon. (否定句)
He ______ ______ a class meeting yesterday afternoon.
77. They went to Shanghai by air last week. （划线提问）
_____ _______ they go to Shanghai last week?
78. This is a very interesting story-book. （感叹句）
______ _______ interesting story-book book this is !
79. Peter can hardly speak Japanese, ______ _______?
80. My aunt has been in Shenzhen since 1998. （同意句）
It’s five years ______ my aunt _______ to Shenzhen.
A: Have you ___81___ today’s Shenzhen Evening Paper?
B: Not ___82___. What does it say?
A: It says that a pupil was walking ___83___ the street ___84___ a bus hit him.
B: Oh dear! Things ____85____ this often _____86______
in busy streets. What did the driver do ___87____ the boy ?
A: He took him to the hospital as ____88____ as possible and the doctors ___89___
on him at once.
B: How is the boy now?
A: Poor boy! Even the doctor couldn’t ___90___ him. He died five hours later.
X. 书面表达 （10分）
No.9 RenMin Road
June 22nd, 2003
I’m glad to receive your letter and know you want to have some pen friends in China.
Now let me tell you something about my friend, Wei hua, a student of Class 3, Grade 3, in Yucai Middle School.
He would like to know something about your school life and your country. I’m sure you’ll be good friends soon.
Best wishes !