1. A. You’re welcome . B. The same to you . C. Hold on , please .
2. A. Good morning . B. I’ve got a bad cold . C. I’m sorry to hear that .
3. A. Thank you . B. It doesn’t matter . C. OK . See you then .
4. A. It’s Friday . B. It’s half past three . C. It’s July .
5. A. Sunny . B. Lucky . C. Heavy .
6. Where are the two speakers ?
A. In a reading-room . B. In a cinema . C. In a shop .
7. What’s Zhang Tao’s mother ?
A. A nurse . B. A driver . C. A worker .
8. What color is Helen’s sweater ?
A. Blue . B. Green . C. Red .
9. How long will the man wait for the next train ?
A. 15 minutes . B. 50 minutes . C. 5 minutes .
10. What did the man feel about his math exam ?
A. Not hard . B. Not pleased . C. Not bad .
11. Ann studies in a high school in Washington now .
12. Ann was born in 1989 in New York .
13. Ann studied in a primary school for six years in New York .
14. Ann wants to become a teacher of Chinese when she grows up .
15. Ann sent a dictionary to her Chinese pen friend three weeks ago .
注：energy ［'end3i］能源 cycle ［'saikl］循环
electricity［ilek'trisiti］电 drain［drein］排水沟 waste［weist］浪费
16. A. On Saturday . B. On Thursday . C. On Tuesday .
17. A. Three . B. Four . C. Five .
18. A. His father could share his car with his neighbors .
B. His father often turns to his neighbors for help .
C. His father should park his car near a pool .
19. A. His homework got an F .
B. The future is hopeless .
C. Oil is getting less and less .
20. A. A terrible waste in his family .
B. How to save energy .
C. His family’s daily life .
21. Jack , good boy ! Please pass __________ the glasses . I want to read the newspaper .
A. you B. me C. him D. her
22. This morning I had __________ egg and a bottle of milk for my breakfast .
A. an B. a C. the D. 不填
23. -- How many __________ can you see in the following pictures ?
-- Three .
A. boys B. animals C. films D. buildings
24. Timmy goes to school __________ every day . It’s 5 minutes’ walk from his home to school .
A. in a bus B. by plane C. on foot D. by boat
25. Everything is __________ at night markets . You don’t need a lot of money to have a good time .
A. cheap B. bad C. tired D. dear
26. -- Excuse me , _________ is the nearest bookshop ?
-- Go down the street and turn left at the second corner .
A. how B. what C. where D. who
27. The sign z tells us __________ .
A. NO SMOKING B. NO PARKING
C. NO PHOTOS D. NO FOOD
28. -- Can you play football ?
-- Yes , I can , _________ I can’t play it very well .
A. or B. and C. so D. but
29. Last month , students had to have their lessons by Internet ________ because of SARS .
A. on the playground B. at home
C. in the street D. near the hospital
30. It is _________ today than yesterday . Shall we go swimming this afternoon ?
A. the hottest B. hot C. hottest D. hotter
31. Listen ! Some of the girls __________ about Harry Potter . Let’s join them !
A. are talking B. talk C. will talk D. talked
32. __________ Chinese are looking for ways to learn English well before Beijing 2008 Olympics .
A. Thousand B. Thousands C. Thousand of D. Thousands of
33. Our teacher , Miss Chen , __________ English on the radio the day before yesterday .
A. teaches B. taught C. will teach D. had taught
34. Do you know __________ during the coming summer holiday ?
A. what will Tom do B. what did Tom do
C. what Tom will do D. what Tom did
35. The English novel is quite easy for you . There are __________ new words in it .
A. a little B. little C. a few D. few
36. I don’t think I __________ you in that dress before .
A. have seen B. was seeing C. saw D. see
37. Today some newly-produced mobile phones can take pictures __________ a camera .
A. as B. for C. like D. of
38. -- You want __________ sandwich ?
-- Yes , I usually eat a lot when I’m hungry .
A. other B. another C. others D. the other
39. -- Don’t you think you should paint the wall ?
-- Who would ________ ?
A. see B. look C. watch D. notice
40. -- I forgot to bring my notebook .
-- __________ . You can borrow some paper from me .
A. Help yourself B. I’m sorry C. No problem D. So careless
Salesman： $ 73.07 , please .
Peter： What ? Show me the receipt .
Salesman： Here it is .ø
Peter： Look . The price on this shirt is $17 . But the receipt says $27 .
Salesman： You are right . The receipt is wrong .
Peter： And what is the $5.57 for ?
Salesman： That’s for tax （税）.
41. The $5.57 is for the ___________ .
A. tax B. bags C. jacket D. shirt
42. When did Peter do shopping ?
A. On June 17 . B. At noon . C. On June 25 . D. At night .
Everyone knows that exercise is important . We all need to exercise . Doctors say it is good for us . It makes your heart and body strong . Children who often exercise are more alert （灵活的）. This means they do better in tests and schoolwork than those who don’t exercise .
There are many ways to exercise . You can walk , run , swim , skate , or play ball games . Make sure you exercise in the following ways : you have to like what you’re doing . Exercise enough - but not too much . It’s best to exercise twice each week . Thirty minutes each time is enough . Try all kinds of things until you find one , two or even three sports that feel right for you .
You can exercise at fitness centers . They have a lot of equipment （设备） there . The equipment will help exercise your arms , legs and other parts of your body to make you fit . Some people buy equipment for their homes . But it is very expensive .
Exercising can be fun . Friends can exercise together at a fitness center , or they can play sports together . How do you exercise ?
43. In the text , the writer tells us that we all need to ___________ .
A. drink B. sleep C. exercise D. work
44. Which of the following sports is not in the text ?
A. Fishing . B. Running . C. Swimming . D. Walking .
45. The words “fitness centers” in the text mean ___________ .
A. 商务中心 B. 健身中心 C. 购物中心 D. 医疗中心
From age eight to eleven , I attended a small school in Bath , England . It was a small school of four classes with about twenty-five children in each class according to （根据） age . For the most part , one teacher had to teach all subjects to the children in the class . However , sometimes the headmaster , Mr. Ronald Broaches , would come in and spend an hour or so , teaching some subjects in which he was especially interested . He was a large man with a very happy nature . He had a sense of humor （幽默感） and would delight in telling the children small stories that would make us laugh . He was a very fair man and had a great influence （影响） on many of the children . In my own case , I found that he took great interest in me and he quickly found that I enjoyed puzzles （难题） . He would often stop me as I was going to class and take a piece of paper out of his pocket , often with a puzzle already on it . The puzzles were usually mathematical or logical . As time went on , they slowly got more difficult , but I loved them . Not only that , they made me interested in math and problem solving that stays with me to this day . They also served to show me that intellectual （智力的） activity was rewarding when the correct answers were found , but perhaps more importantly it was great fun . To this day , I can remember Mr. Broaches’ cheerful cry of “Well done !” whenever I got a problem right . The simple communication （交流） with a man whom I loved greatly has had a deep influence on my life . I shall forever be thankful that our paths crossed . Mr. Broaches died just two weeks after I had won the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine . Unluckily , I had no chance to speak to him before he died . I learnt later that he had heard of my success and I will always hope that he knew the deep influence he had made on my life .
46. There were ________ children in each class when Richard was in the school in Bath , England .
A. 4 B. 8 C. 11 D. 25
47. From the text , we can learn that ___________ .
A. the puzzles made the students laugh
B. the students were afraid of the headmaster
C. the puzzles made Richard enjoy math
D. the headmaster never taught in the school
48. The writer felt sorry because __________ .
A. Mr. Broaches had passed away before he won the Nobel Prize
B. he didn’t express his thanks before Mr. Broaches died
C. he couldn’t find Mr. Broaches after he grew up
D. Mr. Broaches didn’t know his success
49. What is the best title （标题） for the text ?
A. The Story of Mr. Broaches .
B. The Story of Richard J. Roberts .
C. My Early School Life .
D. An Important Teacher in My Life .
It is sometimes said that the English are polite people . This can make life difficult for foreigners . Suppose a foreign boy asks an English girl to go out with him and she says , “If I finish my work , I’ll meet you in the cafe at 7 o’clock .” Is she saying “ yes ” or “ no ” to his invitation ?
In grammatical terms , she is using the conditional structure . By using the conditional , speakers of English can avoid giving a “yes ” or “no ” answer to a question . It enables people to be diplomatic . If the girl doesn’t want to go out with the boy , she won’t turn up at the cafe . She will let him understand she is still working . If she wants to go out with him , but doesn’t want to appear too easy to catch , she has achieved that with her reply . But in this case , as she uses the first conditional which shows probability , she is quite likely to turn up at the cafe . Being polite can make life very difficult !
The conditional is often used by people in the news -- politicians , for example -- who wish to avoid speaking out their ideas . This is very important if they are on their way to discuss an agreement . No one wants to give away his or her points before he or she starts . A government spokesman might say to a group of workers , “If we could pay you more , we would .” The use of the conditional here makes room for argument although the speaker is using the second conditional form , which shows improbability . So it is unlikely the workers will get their rise .
“If ” is a small word , which appears often in the English language . It can show politeness , reported speech and conditionals such as the First -- probability -- if I can come to your party , I will ; the Second -- improbability -- if I saw you tomorrow , I’d give you the book ; and the Third -- impossibility (meaning it is too late to change something that has happened ) -- if you have told me , I would have helped you .
注：conditional structure 表示条件的句式 avoid 避免 diplomatic 婉转的
achieve 达到 politician 政客
50. The using of the conditional can make a speech _________ .
A. clearer B. quicker C. more polite D. more exciting
51. Which of the following is true according to the passage ?
A. Language used in the news should make room to argue .
B. Usually English girls are not easy to catch .
C. English people never speak out their ideas in public .
D. The word “ if” can show different meanings .
52. In the passage , “If we could pay you more , we would .” probably means __________ .
A. the workers will make more money
B. the spokesman doesn’t give any promise
C. the spokesman keeps his word
D. the workers’ problems aren’t difficult
53. This passage is mainly talking about _________ .
A. the conditional in communication
B. how to invite a girl in Britain
C. British people and their life
D. some language points in daily English
January 1 is New Year’s Day . People usually give parties to celebrate it . The Spring Festival comes next . It is the most important holiday in 54 . Before the Spring Festival , people
55 their houses and do a lot of shopping . On the eve of the festival , family members meet for a big dinner . After 56 they watch TV until midnight . They enjoy talking and eating .
57 , people cheer to welcome the New Year and wish each other good luck .
May 1 is Labor Day . Big celebrations are held in public places . Teachers’ Day is on September 10 . Students give cards or 58 to their teachers to express their thanks . The Mid-Autumn Festival comes in September or October . People get together for a family dinner and then eat moon-cakes and watch the full , 59 moon . October 1 is our National Day . We usually have a get-together to celebrate it .
54. A. Canada B. China C. Australia D. France
55. A. clean B. build C. sell D. draw
56. A. school B. work C. dinner D. picnic
57. A. At nine B. At ten C. At eleven D. At twelve
58. A. drinks B. flowers C. music D. e-mail
59. A. old B. tall C. round D. dark
Long , long ago , a donkey （驴） fell in a dry well . The animal cried for hours as the farmer tried to think out what to do . Finally , the farmer thought the animal was too old and the well needed to be covered up anyway , so he decided not to try to save the donkey .
The farmer invited his neighbors to 60 him . They began to shovel （铲） dirt into the well . The donkey cried harder . Then a few shovelfuls later , he quieted down . The farmer looked 61 the well , and was surprised by what he saw .
While every shovelful of dirt hit his 62 , the donkey would shake （抖） it off and take a step up on the new layer （层） of dirt . 63 the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal , the donkey would shake it off and take another step up .
Soon the donkey stepped up out of the well and ran away , to the 64 of all the neighbors .
The 65 we get from this story is that if life shovels some dirt on us , we must get out of the well and not let it cover us . We must learn to shake it off and take a step up . Each of our
66 is a stepping-stone （石头） . We can get out of the deepest well by never 67 !
60. A. beat B. save C. care D. help
61. A. into B. down C. up D. at
62. A. legs B. back C. feet D. stomach
63. A. Because B. Since C. As D. For
64. A. anger B. surprise C. joy D. excitement
65. A. lesson B. key C. rule D. idea
66. A. practice B. business C. decisions D. troubles
67. A. putting down B. turning down C. giving up D. keeping up
68. Op___n the window and let in some fresh air .
69. It’s f___ne today . The sun is bright and the sky is blue .
70. “What would you like , Mr. Black ?” “ Just a c___p of tea , please .”
71. There are s___v___n days in a week .
72. Tom , close the d___ __r . Keep the cat in the garden .
73. This is my sister . Her n___m___ is Lisa .
74. Can you say it ag___ ___n ? I didn’t hear it clearly .
75. There will be a basketball match b___t___ ___ ___n Class 1 and Class 2 this afternoon .
76. We were held in a tr ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ jam on the road for an hour .
77. People can always get help from s___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___s in the army in time of danger .
I _________ _________ at 6:30 every morning .
79. Alice 擅长跳舞。她将来想当个舞蹈家。
Alice is _________ _________ dancing . She wants to be a dancer in the future .
The school rule says , “ Don’t _________ _________ _________ class .”
Wang Nan is _________ _________ the best _________ in the world .
When the football fans saw Beckham , they got _______ excited _______ they cried out .
_________ _________ _________ all the difficulties , the climbers reached the top of the mountain successfully .
I , Wang Lin , a middle-school students , let ... tell , the plan for today , first , visit , the Lion Park , the Monkey Park , clever and lovely monkeys , walk to the Bird World , all kinds of birds , go to the Panda Park , not feed the animals ...
Welcome to the zoo , everyone ! I’m glad to show you around the zoo . ________________
Thank you ! I’m sure you’ll have a good time .
（A）1. A 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. A
（B）6. C 7. A 8. B 9. C 10. B
（C）11. T 12. T 13. T 14. F 15. F
（D）16. C 17. B 18. A 19. C 20. A
21. B 22. A 23. B 24. C 25. A
26. C 27. A 28. D 29. B 30. D
31. A 32. D 33. B 34. C 35. D
36. A 37. C 38. B 39. D 40. C
41. A 42. C 43. C 44. A 45. B 46. D 47. C
48. B 49. D 50. C 51. D 52. B 53. A
54. B 55. A 56. C 57. D 58. B 59. C 60. D
61. A 62. B 63. C 64. B 65. A 66. D 67. C
68. Open 69. fine 70. cup 71 . seven 72 . door 73. name
74. again 75. between 76. traffic 77. soldiers
78. get up 79. good at 80. be late for 81 . one of , players
82. so ... that 83. In spite of
Welcome to the zoo , everyone ! I’m glad to show you around the zoo . I’m Wang Lin . I’m a middle-school student . Let me tell you our plan for today . First , we will visit the Lion Park . Next is the Monkey Park . There are clever and lovely monkeys . Then we will walk to the Bird World (where all kinds of beautiful birds are waiting for us ) . You can see all kinds of birds there . After that , we’ll go to the Panda Park (which is world-famous ) . Remember , don’t feed the animals . As animals are our friends , we should protect them and take care of them . （或：We should not only protect animals but also have them as friends .）
Thank you . I’m sure you’ll have a good time .